BLEU FAQS – Frequently asked questions
Where did the name Bleu Coffee come from?
- When we started Bleu Coffee in 2016 the only coffee we carried was Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee, which to this day is still our premier product. Bleu Coffee is just a fancy French way of us giving tribute to our signature product.
What brew methods do you recommend?
- We source and roast beans that have great versatility across many devices, so the right method often comes down to personal preference. To help with whichever method you choose, we have a variety of resources for your brewing edification.
- Our preparation guides cover a variety of brew methods in detail.
- As always, we're also available to answer questions, give tips, and provide support.
What are the subscription options?
- Signing up for Bleu Coffee subscription service allows you to tailor your subscription to specifically meet your coffee needs. Just choose how much, how often and what type of coffee and we’ll ensure that it is roasted to order then shipped to your door when you want it.
How much coffee do I get with a subscription?
- For our US subscriptions, we offer Half Bag (8oz), Double Bag (16oz), & Quad Bag (32 oz).
How often does my coffee arrive?
- Select how frequently you would like to receive your coffee; we’ll make sure you are well stocked monthly.
Which coffee do I receive with a subscription?
We only offer Single Origin subscription plans:
- Receive Single Origin coffee with every shipment. These coffees tend to be medium roasted, and they vary in sweetness and acidity.
- You can check out our subscription options by using our subscription tool.
- Feel free to play with the amount and frequency. You’ll see the prices for each subscription change accordingly.
Already have an origin that you fancy?
- You can also subscribe to just that coffee.
When will I be billed for my subscription?
- Subscription shipments are billed the day before your coffee is scheduled to roast and ship.
Where is my order?
- If the order in question is a shipment or a purchase made while signed in to your Bleu Coffee account, you may check on the status of any of your orders after logging in and going to the order history section of your account dashboard.
When will my order ship?
- Individual Coffee Orders
All coffees are roasted to order and usually shipped the same day depending on the time of day order is received, Below is our roasting schedule:
- The next day if ordered by 1:30 PM PST
- Two days later if ordered after 1:30 PM PST
- Forthcoming Monday if ordered between 1:30 PM PST Thursday and 1:30 PM (PST) Sunday
Is shipping included?
- When purchasing Bleu Coffee, shipping is figured dynamically, based on weight and destination, and is added at checkout.
- We offer complimentary shipping on orders shipping within the US over $40.
What shipping methods are available?
- Bleu Coffee is shipped via USPS Priority or USPS Priority Express.
- USPS Priority have a stated estimated shipping time of 1-5 days, while USPS Priority Express offers a 1-2 day expedited service.
Do you ship to my country?
- Bleu Coffee currently ships to Australia, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
How should I store my coffee?
- We recommend using coffee within 20 days after it is roasted . In our experience, the distinct and complex flavors that characterize our coffees will tend to have faded after that point.
- We recommend storing coffee in a cool, dry place, away from heat and light, in an airtight container.
- The levels of moisture present in the refrigerator and freezer can greatly accelerate flavor loss. We don't recommend storing beans in the refrigerator and can only recommend storage in the freezer under specific circumstances (namely long term, uninterrupted periods).
Are your coffees (FTO) fair trade certified?
- Bleu Coffee proudly places a great amount of emphasis on quality and sustainability, both from an environmental and economic standpoint.
- We purchase a number of coffees from Fair Trade certified cooperatives; however, many producers decide it’s in their best financial interest to channel their resources toward continued advances in quality and sustainability instead of the expensive process of certification. We like to factor a producer’s efforts toward greater quality as well as environmental and economic responsibility into our purchasing decisions, regardless of their certification status.
- Moving forward, it is our intention not only to maintain, but to expand our efforts to search for the best sustainable coffees the world has to offer.
What is your return policy?
- At Bleu Coffee, our goal is to provide our guests with impeccable service, the highest quality goods, and of course, delicious coffee. We want you to be happy with your Bleu Coffee experience, so we strive to make sure our return policies reflect that.
- Whole Bean Coffee - Coffee is perishable and our whole beans are roasted to order, so we're unable to accept returns on coffee. But don't worry—we're here to help! If there was an error with your order, please contact us at email@example.com within 15 days of your purchase. If you were dissatisfied with your coffee, our Customer Support team will help you track down your soon-to-be favorites.
- Everything Else - If you are dissatisfied with your order in any way, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team about a return or exchange within 15 days of purchase. It's easy—just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What sort of emails do you send?
We send a few types of emails:
- Account and order-related communications: For guest shoppers and those with Bleu Coffee accounts, we like to let you know when an order’s on its way, provide you with shipment tracking information, or inform you of payment issues, for example.
- Personal Offers & Promotions: Occasionally we send out a heads-up about something special — a limited release coffee or maybe even an announcement that we would like to inform you of.
- Coffee Order Reminders: Every so often, we send emails reminding you about our services — that a previous coffee purchase is available to easily re-order, or that you might still have an item in your cart.
- Account and order-related communications will always be sent but you are able to control which of the remaining three you’d like to continue receiving from your email preferences in your account profile.
Can you send me beans to review for my magazine / blog / newsletter?
- As a matter of policy, we don't like to send out review samples or solicit reviews.Press inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.